Free, independent counselors provide borrowers with professional pre- and post-foreclosure counseling services:
- Reviewing mortgage documents
- Studying budget options
- Exploring mortgage modification
- Referring clients to legal services
There are eight regionally-based nonprofit housing counseling agencies:
- AHEAD, based in Littleton;
- Laconia Area Community Land Trust, based in Laconia;
- NeighborWorks Southern New Hampshire, based in Manchester;
- CATCH Neighborhood Housing, based in Concord;
- Community Home Solutions, based in Seabrook;
- Southwestern Community Services, based in Keene;
- The Housing Partnership, based in Portsmouth; and
- The Way Home, based in Manchester.
For those facing foreclosure or foreclosure related financial and legal problems, HomeHelpNH will work in conjunction with the New Hampshire Foreclosure Relief Project, a partnership between the New Hampshire Bar Association, New Hampshire Legal Assistance, and the Legal Advice and Referral Center.