NH Center for Public Policy Studies and NH Housing Finance Authority: 2014 NH Housing Study
In the decades before the Great Recession, New Hampshire’s housing market was a major driver in the state’s expanding economy. But with recent shifts in the state’s demographic and economic trends, New Hampshire’s current housing infrastructure could end up a drag on future economic growth and stability.
- The reasons are multiple:
- Aging population,
- Shifts in housing preferences among younger generations,
- Lack of affordable housing for first time homebuyers,
- Misalignment between housing supply and future demand, and
- Changes in traditional financing paths for homeownership.
- Vermont: Home Share Now