Regional Public Health Advisory Council
The Carroll County Public Health Advisory Council is comprised of community leaders and representatives from a diverse group of community sectors. The primary work of the Council is to set regional health priorities, provide guidance to regional public health activities, and ensure coordination of health improvement efforts. The Carroll County Public Health Advisory Council is working to improve health and wellness through effective community education and leadership.
- 501(c)3 organization established in 2009 to provide the Ten Essential Services of Public Health to the people of Carroll County.
- Mission: To improve the health, safety and wellness of the citizens of Carroll County by facilitating community partnerships, developing strategic health related plans, Coordinating the delivery of public health services. and empowering the public to improve individual health.
- The goal is to prevent disease, promote good health and protect the community.
- The activities are to mobilize community partnerships, assess the health status of the community, and pool resources, to create an environment where we are better positioned to mount a timely public health response to an emergency situation.
- The method is work through community partnerships with municipal governments, public safety, education, health care services, community based organizations such as: transportation, social services, civic organizations as well as business, media and faith based communities.
- Operates three programs: Substance Misuse Prevention, Public Health Emergency Preparedness, and School-Based Flu Immunization Clinics.
- Receives direction from the NH Department of Health and Human Services and the regional Public Health Advisory Council.
- Oversees the regional Medical Reserve Corps.
- A community-based network of volunteers to assist first responders during times of special need or disaster.
- The Carroll County MRC unit identifies, credentials, trains, and activates medical and non-medical volunteers to work with existing agencies.
- Affiliated with US Division of Civilian Volunteer Medical Reserve Corps.