Long Term Care

Choices for Independence

NH Family Caregiver Support Program

  • Assists family caregivers who need information and help in connecting with local resources, support groups, education programs and temporary respite care.
  • Call NH ServiceLink at 1-866-634-9412.

Office of the Long-Term Care Ombudsman

  • Receives, services, investigates and resolves complaints or problems concerning residents of long term health care facilities.
  • Advocacy services for long-term health care residents
  • Comments on existing and proposed legislation, regulations and policies affecting long-term care residents.
  • Education is provided to residents, family members and facility staff concerning
    the legal rights of residents.
  • To contact the Office of the Long-Term Care Ombudsman, call 1-800-442-5640 (if calling within NH) or 603-271-4375 (if calling from outside NH).

The Center on Aging and Community Living (CACL) is a collaboration between the Institute on Disability (IOD) and the New Hampshire Institute for Health Policy and Practice (NHIHPP) at the University of New Hampshire (UNH).

Aging and the Public Long Term Care System presentation by the NH Center for Public Policy.

Nursing Home – Medicaid

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s