Community Mental Health Centers
- There are ten community mental health regions in the state.
- Each region has an independent, non-profit Community Mental Health Center which contracts with the Bureau of Behavioral Health.
- Northern Human Services in Conway serves Carroll County.
- The 10 centers belong to the NH Community Behavioral Health Association.
In SFY 2012, a total of 49,561 individuals were served through the community mental health system.
- 21,000 of these people have Medicaid
- 10,664 were adults with a severe mental illness (SMI/SPMI)
- 9,603 were children with serious emotional disturbance (SED)
- This is a 5.2% increase over the previous year.
Medicaid funding is directed to priority populations.
- 97% of Medicaid funding to the Community Mental Health Care Centers support services to individuals with a severe mental disability.
- 84% of the overall hours of services delivered support this population.
- Others get short term services or are referred for private treatment.
- Administrative costs are 2%.
It costs less than $200 per day for treatment at a community mental health center, but about $800 per day at NH Hospital. (Source: Business NH)
The Office of Legislative Budget Assistant did a performance audit of the Community Mental Health System in July of 2010.
Peer Support Agencies
- Each region has a Peer Support Agency.
- The Alternative Life Center operates the Conway Peer Support Center.
- Warmline, 447-1765
Community Mental Health Homes
- Housing for people with mental illness
Family Mutual Support
- NAMI NH has a contract with the state.