Adult Education

The New Hampshire Bureau of Adult Education supports educational services to adults who have not received a high school diploma or GED certificate or who do not read, write, or speak English.   The four programs are:

  1. Adult Basic Education Program
  2. English for Speakers of Other Languages 
  3. Adult Learner Services Program
  4. Adult High School Program

Grants to school districts and not-for-profit organizations make it possible for local adult education programs to serve adult learners whose skills range from very basic to high school level.  For the most part, programs are free to participating adults.

For information, call the State Bureau of Adult Education 271-6698.

Carroll Academy, an adult high school program, in Tamworth and Conway, offers a variety of classes directed towards adult learners.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s